Retirees can obtain medical/dental records through the VA or NARA

Nov 7, 2013 by

filesWASHINGTON — Retirees who retired after Sept. 1, 1992 may obtain one free copy of their original medical/dental records from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Records Management Center (RMC). Retirees may request their records through their local VA office, online through eVetRecs at, or by contacting VA RMC directly via written request or telephone to:

VA Records Management Center
P.O. Box 5020
St. Louis, MO 63115
Phone: (888) 533-4558


Retirees who retired prior to Sept. 1, 1992 must complete a Military Record Request Standard Form (SF) -180 to obtain their medical/dental records. These records are stored at the National Archives & Records Administration’s (NARA) National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). Retirees can obtain the SF-180 from NPRC and return it via U.S. mail, fax, or online to:

National Personnel Records Center

Military Personnel Records
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138
Fax: (314) 801-9195


Related Posts


Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>